Allerton High School Business and Enterprise is an 11-19 comprehensive school in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, specialising in Business and Enterprise. It is situated around 500 metres north of the A6120 Leeds Outer Ring Road, north of the Moor Allerton shopping centre and east of St Stephen's church. The head teacher is Mrs Elaine Silson.HistoryGrammar schoolThe school was opened in 1939 as a girls' grammar school by the City of Leeds Education Committee. The school had previously been on Harrogate Road near Stainbeck Lane since 1901, and moved to Moor Allerton in 1939.In the 1960s it had around 700 girls.ComprehensiveIn 1972, boys were included in the student body and the school became a 13–18 comprehensive. It later became an 11–19 comprehensive, and in 1992 underwent a physical expansion.Current buildingsThe school moved into new buildings on 1 September 2008, and there was a formal opening by Prime Minister Gordon Brown on 28 November 2008.Other informationThe school has a standard uniform, comprising a dark green V-necked top printed with the school logo, a white shirt, a green and white school tie, a dark green skirt or black trousers , and black shoes with black socks. A dark green or black headscarf may be worn. The school is involved in the Excellence in Cities initiative. Its motto was "In Minimis Fidelis" until 2004, when it was changed to "Enabling Young People To Achieve Success". The new building includes a substantial multi-faith centre.
1431 FB users likes Allerton High School, set it to 18 position in Likes Rating for Leeds in School category