L.C. Anderson High School is a public high school located in the city of Austin, Texas, United States.HistoryAnderson High School was formed in 1889, when a high school was added to Robertson Hill School, the city's first school for African-American children. It was located in the same building as the lower school, at San Marcos and 11th Streets. In 1907 the school became independent and moved to Olive and Curve Streets. It was named for E. H. Anderson, who served as principal of Prairie View Normal Institute from 1879 to 1885. In 1913 the high school moved again, to Pennsylvania Street .In 1938 the school was renamed for E. H. Anderson's brother, Laurine Cecil Anderson, a local black educator who served as principal of the school for 33 years, from 1896 to 1929. Anderson was unanimously granted the posthumous honor by the Austin Independent School District school board. In 1953 the school moved yet again, to 900 Thompson Street.In 1971, the school was ordered closed by a federal judge as part of desegregation, and a new, integrated L. C. Anderson High School was opened at its current location of 8403 Mesa Drive in 1973, with its first class graduating in 1974. The new school's first principal was another prominent African-American educator, Dr. W. Charles Akins. Another AISD school, Akins High School, was later named after him.
37 FB users likes Anderson High School, Austin, TX, set it to 74 position in Likes Rating for Austin, Texas in School category