at 234 2nd Ave South , S7K 1K9
Family Owned Business
George Bateman opened Bateman Jewellers in October 1945 upon his return home from the war. A second store located in the Senator Hotel was opened 9 years later. The stores gained a reputation in the city of Saskatoon for having the largest assortment of diamonds & watches as well as the most up-to-date repair department. In 1992, Marilyn (Bateman) Lorman, together with her husband Ken, purchased Bateman Jewellers from her father George. In 1995 the store moved from it's location on 20th street to its current location at 234 2nd Ave. South. Due to health issues arising from a car accident, Marilyn & Ken decided to sell the store. In March 2005 long-time employee, Cam Kripki, in partnership with John Scarfe and their wives (Jan & Laurie), purchased the store. The reputation of the Bateman Jewellers name, the store's loyal customers and their mutual knowledge of gemology gave them great confidence that the store would continue to thrive in the local economy. Bateman Jewellers is currently the oldest independent jewellery store in Saskatoon serving four generations of families. It has had a few changes in both locale and appearance since 1945 but their tried and true reputation remains the same in the city and surrounding community. It continues to have one of the largest assortments of diamonds and watches in Saskatoon and is building its reputation for custom made jewellery.