Beaumont is a village and civil parish in the City of Carlisle district of Cumbria, England. The village lies four miles north-west of Carlisle on the banks of the River Eden.DescriptionThe civil parish of Beaumont includes the surrounding villages of Kirkandrews-on-Eden, Grinsdale and Monkhill. The parish is bordered by the River Eden to the north and east, and by the parishes of Burgh by Sands to the west and Orton to the south.The village has very limited facilities; although it has a pub, The Drover's Rest, there is no school, post office or shop.HistoryBeaumont's name, as suggested by the French translation 'beautiful mount', comes from its high setting.The manor was anciently in the Bruns, Lords of Bowness, who were patrons also of the church: before the year 1380 it became the property of the Dacres, and was annexed to the Barony of Burgh, belonging to the Earl of Lonsdale. The church is in the diocese and deanery of Carlisle. This small rectory was augmented by Queen Anne's Bounty in 1772.The Carlisle canal ran through the parish, admitting sixty tonne vessels.In 1961 there were 128 houses in Beaumont. The current average property value is £218,568, compared to an average property value of £218,108 for CA5; This figure is just slightly above the current UK average.
19 FB users likes Beaumont, Cumbria, set it to 19 position in Likes Rating for Carlisle, Cumbria in City category