Bishopstoke, a village recorded in the Domesday Book, is a civil parish in the borough of Eastleigh in Hampshire, England. At the 2011 Census the village was a civil parish in its own name. Bishopstoke was also mentioned when King Alfred the Great's grandson King Eadred, granted land at "Stohes" to Thegn Aelfric in 948 AD. The village is about a mile east of Eastleigh town centre, and is on the eastern bank of the River Itchen. It adjoins Fair Oak on the east, in the Fair Oak and Horton Heath parish. The village was annexed to Eastleigh in 1932, and was split out again as an independent civil parish later. It forms part of the Southampton Urban Area.Itchen Valley NavigationThe Itchen Valley navigation running between Winchester and Southampton was completed in 1710 and used until 1869. Bishopstoke includes a sizeable proportion of the navigation, including a sluice that was in use until the closure of the navigation.
934 FB users likes Bishopstoke, Hampshire, set it to 4 position in Likes Rating for Winchester, Hampshire in City category