at 520 Center St, Carlisle, 72024 United States
Carlisle School District is a PreK-12 Arkansas Public School Institution.
The Carlisle School District facebook page was developed as a means to provide information to interested parents and patrons. Questions, problems, and concerns should be directed to individual school employees rather than being posted in a public forum. The administrative staff will not respond to faceback comments left on this page. Posts may be deleted at any time and users may be banned from this page for making inappropriate or negative comments. Thanks and we hope you find this means of communication to be effective.
1077 FB users likes Carlisle School District, set it to 2 position in Likes Rating for Carlisle, United States in School category
School districts across the state have started accepting applications from parents who want to transfer their children to another district. Please spread the word that we are accepting new students as well. Administrators for the Carlisle School District will provide a scheduled tour and question/answer time for prospective students and their parents. Applications will be accepted until June 1st. I believe that we have good things going here in Carlisle. Please share if you feel the same.
Parent conferences take place this Thursday from 2:30-7:30. We would love for all parents to come out and visit with teachers as we enter the final quarter of this school year. It is very important to understand where your child currently stands academically. There is still time for improvement. Hope to see you there!
Congratulations to Erica Martin!! She is the winner of 12 free carnival tickets and a $10 gift certificate to the concession stand at the CES Family Carnival Night event! Please stop by the "will call" table in the lobby to pick up your prize! The concession stand and silent auction opens at 5:30 pm and games start at 6:00 pm! Thanks to all that shared our post about this event! Looking forward to seeing you.
Carlisle schools will be delayed one hour tomorrow to allow additional light before buses begin their routes. Please exercise caution heading to school in the morning.
No school again for Tuesday, March 4th. Wish it wasn't so.
I'm afraid that the thunder sleet is going to prevent school tomorrow. School is canceled for Monday. Be safe!
Tonight's games against Palestine-Wheatley have been rescheduled for Friday night. The games will start at 5:00.
Carlisle School District is canceled today. Sorry for the late notice, but I believed at one point that we could get to school and the afternoon rain would melt the ice. It is approaching faster than anticipated and I believe that the commute to school is in serious jeopardy. Only time (and mother nature) will tell if closing school is the right call but I do know for sure that it is the safe call. With the recent bus wreck in Dover due to icy conditions and the situation in Atlanta, I believe that the safe thing is the best thing for today. Have a good snow day!
Carlisle Schools will be closed tomorrow due to the conditions of several of the roads around the district.
Open houses at both campuses tonight from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Come on out and meet the CSD staff and see what we have in store for you this year.
There will be a small auction tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. at the school bus shop (101 Center Street). The items include used school buses, car, overhead door, and a few items of furniture.
The Carlisle Elementary School Office will be closed Monday, June 16, 2014. The office will reopen on Tuesday, June 17th at 7:30 am. KN
Sixth grade graduation will be held on Thursday, June 5th at 8:30 am in the elementary cafeteria. Looking forward to celebrating the CES "seniors"! KN
Although I always hate to make a decision based off a forecast, Carlisle will join the list of schools that will be closed tomorrow due to the approaching storm. England, Lonoke, Hazen, Little Rock, North Little Rock, and Pulaski County along with many others have already announced their closings. Hopefully, the early announcement will make it a little easier on folks preparing for the weather event. Have a great day tomorrow and be safe. Stay tuned for Monday, but remember I will not announce anything if we are going to school on Monday. I will only announce if we are closed or delayed.
With a round of winter precipitation possibly moving in toward the end of the week, I want to share with you the process for school cancellation. First off, I will always personally drive the roads, but I will also be in consultation with state/local law enforcement and our transportation director about road conditions when wintry precipitation begins to accumulate. A decision will be reached regarding cancellation of school at the earliest possible time. I always prefer to announce the evening before if possible, but sometimes a decision cannot be reached until the morning. Upon reaching a decision, I will engage the AlertNow messaging system and you will receive a call if your number is listed. I will also contact channels 4, 7, and 11 with our status. I will never use the messaging system to announce that we are having school, but rather only to announce that we are not having school, starting late, or dismissing early due to the weather. If you do not hear anything from AlertNow or the television, school is on at regular time. If school is closed, evening activities will almost always be cancelled as well unless there is a special circumstance. Regarding the football game against Junction City, there are multiple options available at this time. If the game is played on Friday, it will be played at El Dorado (see post to follow). The Arkansas Activities Association is considering pushing all games a week back to avoid the weather but a decision has not yet been reached. If the AAA does not move the games and we are unable to travel to El Dorado due to inclimate weather, the make up game against Junction City is scheduled for Monday night at 7:00 in El Dorado.
The Arkansas Activities Association only allows AAA passes to be accepted to playoff games. All other passes cannot be accepted during the playoffs. In order to host a playoff game, we must comply with these rules. The AAA has also set the price at $6.00 for tonight's game. Hope to see you there despite the unfortunate news. Go Bison!
Regular scheduled school board meeting tonight in conjunction with the annual report to the public. The meeting starts at 7:30 in the district administrative office. All are welcome to attend.
The Bison football game tonight has been canceled. We were informed that the Marvell team did not have enough players to participate a few minutes ago. Have a great evening.
The after hours care program is up and running on the Carlisle Elementary campus. Hours are from after school until 6:00 p.m. (5:30 on Fridays). Mrs. Bonnie Herring is the care provider. Cost is $50 dollars per week and we are in need of students for the program to continue. Let us know soon if you are interested in the program.
It looks like we have another round of snow/ice based on the current forecast. I anticipate the wintry weather to impact our district sometime between noon and our regular dismissal time. I will monitor the conditions closely and attempt to dismiss in advance of any accumulation/travel issues so be prepared for an early out. An early dismissal will be announced through the "alert now" phone message system, social media, and the television stations. Keep you fingers crossed we miss this one.
Parents, staff, and students: If you experience difficulties getting to school tomorrow due to road conditions, take as much time as you need and let the building principal know the reason for your delay. We will not penalize for being overly cautious on the roadways tomorrow morning.
Attention CSD parents: The 6th grade/Jr.High Choir Concert scheduled for Thursday, February 26th will be rescheduled for a later date. The new date will be shared once all of this weather has officially left the state! -KN
Sorry folks but Mother Nature just will not cooperate. Starting to get slick on the north end of the district with more in the forecast. School closed tomorrow. Be safe!
What else is there to say but I'm sorry! Believe it or not I actually pay careful attention to the weather and various weather models. I awoke early to no precipitation and a clear radar. I believed that precipitation would start later and the warm up would melt it by the afternoon, but the precipitation began during the bus commute. I missed it and take responsibility for the decision. I pray everyone is safe this morning and sincerely regret any inconvenience with the late notice. Ready for spring!!!
Carlisle Schools are closed now. I'll elaborate more later.
The yearly annual report to the public takes place in conjunction with tonight's regularly scheduled school board meeting. All are welcome to attend. The meeting starts at 7:30 in the administration building.
Reminder for those students needing their immunizations for this school year. Lonoke County Health Unit is offering a walk–in vaccine clinic on Wednesday 10/15/2015 from 8am to 3pm 306 North Center Street, Lonoke, Phone: 501-676-2268.
The jr. high football game tonight at Marvell has been moved up to 6:00 to try and beat the thunderstorms that are approaching. Just so you know, I am told that there is a chance the game could start a little later than the aforementioned time due to travel logistics for the officiating crew, but it will not start earlier than 6:00.
The football benefit game begins tomorrow at 5:30 for jr. high and 7:00 for sr. high. The $4.00 ticket price is set by the Arkansas Activities Association and the proceeds benefit the AAA Catastrophe Insurance Fund. Only AAA passes will be recognized at this game due to AAA regulations. Stuttgart, Rison, and Dumas will participate in the jamboree here in Carlisle. Regular season games will remain at the $5.00 admission price and local passes will be honored at home regular season games.
Tonight's football game at Dewitt is unique in that it starts at 7:30 rather than the normal time of 7:00. Keep this in mind and that there will be some parking difficulties on their campus if you are planning on making the trip tonight. Go Bison!
Just wanted to let all those concerned know that we had a brief period of exterior lock down this afternoon while authorities looked for a burglary suspect near interstate 40. The suspect is in custody and we are back to normal here at school. Thanks to Chief Eric Frank and the Carlisle Police Department for the extra patrol and for keeping us informed. Also, thanks to state trooper Chuck Lewis for his assistance.
School districts across the state have started accepting applications from parents who want to transfer their children to another district. Please spread the word that we are accepting new students as well. Administrators for the Carlisle School District will provide a scheduled tour and question & answer time for prospective students and their parents. May 1 is the deadline according to new Arkansas law. I believe that we have good things going here in Carlisle. Please share if you feel the same.
There were several questions asked last night about how we would be making up the missed snow days. We ended up missing eight (8) days of school due to inclement weather. Three of the makeup days were already built into the calendar, leaving us five days to makeup outside of what had already been determined. I am sure that you have heard quite a bit about a new law that allows schools to extend the school day by an hour or more each day to work the days off. Representatives from the CSD faculty and I had quite a bit of discussion about this approach but we determined that there were too many complications/inconveniences to this method. Some of the problems include the number of days impacted (30 days), after school extracurricular activities, community activities, students with after school jobs, employees with second jobs, effectiveness of the additional time, lengthy bus routes, increased substitute pay, overtime issues, and parent inconvenience. There are schools around that have chosen this option and we may look at it again in future years if it is proven successful by some of these schools. From the meeting with elected faculty representatives and vote, the proposed makeup days are as follows: March 20, April 17, June 1-6. This will not become official until the April school board meeting, but I wanted to provide you with our proposed plan as you begin scheduling for summer break.
Folks, It appears that the weather experts are unsure of what is going to happen at this point so needless to say things are pretty uncertain right now regarding school. Currently, I am planning on allowing us to go to school tomorrow knowing that there could be a chance of significant snowfall during the day. If/when this starts and even thinks about collecting on the roadways, I will dismiss school. I send you this statement so that you can be prepared to pick your child up early tomorrow if we indeed start. If at any point you feel the need to pick your child up from school prior to my official decision due to safety considerations, the absence will be of the Type A (excused) variety. There is a lot of time between now and tomorrow morning so know that my thoughts could change. The official decision to close will be delivered by the alert now message system and through the news stations as usual. Mr. Clark