at , Oxford, OX3 7JU United Kingdom
The Churchill Hospital is a teaching hospital in Oxford, England.The hospital is primarily a centre for the treatment of cancer patients, but also has urology etc departments and houses research and teaching facilities for the University of Oxford and Oxford Brookes University. It is part of Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust. It was named after Clementine Churchill, wife of Winston Churchill, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom when a hospital was first built on the site in 1940.The first hospital on the Churchill site was built in 1940, with the intention of providing medical aid to people injured as a result of air raids during the Second World War. This proved unnecessary, and the building was leased to the United States Army medical services, who were relocating from Basingstoke. The US Army left the hospital at the end of the war and it was taken over by the local council and reopened as a conventional hospital in January 1946.In April 1994 the hospital joined the newly formed Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust along with the John Radcliffe Hospital and the Radcliffe Infirmary. As well as being an important centre for the treatment of cancer patients, the Churchill specialises in kidney transplants, diabetes, endocrinology, oncology, dermatology, haemophilia, infectious diseases, chest medicine, medical genetics and palliative care.
495 FB users likes Churchill Hospital, set it to 6 position in Likes Rating for Oxford, Oxfordshire in Hospital category