Corpus Christi School is located in Ottawa, in the Canadian province of Ontario, founded in 1926. It is a Catholic elementary school publicly funded under the Ontario school system. The current principal is Monica C. Kerwin, who replaced the retiring former principal, Bonnie McLaurin. The school's district consist of Centretown, The Glebe and Old Ottawa South.HistoryCorpus Christi Catholic School's predecessor is St. Matthew, which was founded in 1900 as a two-room school on the site at Fourth Avenue and Lyon Street, which served the four lower grades. The St. Matthew building remained part of Corpus Christi School until it was eventually razed in 1967.From 1913-1926, the school rented a two-room annex at the corner of Bank Street and First Avenue to accommodate all 186 students. From 1913- 1920, classes were taught by members of the Grey Sisters and by lay teachers. In 1916, with an enrolment at St. Matthew of 259 students, a sixth classroom was constructed. From 1920-26, the Sisters of St. Mary, and lay teachers taught the students.In 1926, H.J. Morin was the architect for a new $47,600 school containing eight classrooms named Corpus Christi Catholic School.Some time after the parish was established in 1913, an annual procession on the feast of Corpus Christi concluded with Benediction being held on the grounds of St. Matthew School. Since the new school constructed commenced soon after the feast day, the school was named “Corpus Christi”.From 1930 through to the 1970s, the Grey Sisters of the Immaculate Conception and lay teachers taught the students at Corpus Christi School. Two assistant priests from Blessed Sacrament Parish taght Bible history and Catechism. In the 1930s, an annual Christmas concert was founded. A motion picture machine was purchased in 1935. 20 volumes of books were donated to the school library in 1936. In 1936 an electrical Victrola was purchased for the school. In 1936, French-language instruction began at the school. In 1937, Grade 9 was introduced at the school, and a rotary class system began. In 1938, shop and home economics equipment were installed. The Home Economics class consisted of a dining area, sewing area and combined kitchenette and laundry. A radio was purchased for the school. In 1941, a school rink was constructed in the boys’ play yard.