at 4952 Dodge St, Omaha, 68132 United States
The Dundee Theatre is an historic 475-seat movie theater located at 4952 Dodge Street in Omaha, Nebraska. The Dundee is the last active single-screen movie theater in Omaha.HistoryBuilt in 1925, the Dundee Theatre originally opened as a stage theater for vaudeville acts, playing host to many performers including famed escape artist Harry Houdini. The building was converted into a movie theater during the 1930s due to the Great Depression, however a stage, dressing rooms, and the original gold curtains still remain behind the movie screen.In 1958, the owners of the Indian Hills Theater, the Cooper Foundation, purchased the Dundee from the Goldberg Circuit. The Dundee showed art and foreign movies until 1965, when the Dundee ran The Sound of Music for 118 weeks. At the time, it was second only to a theater in London for the longest first run of a film.After a few more long runs of popular features, the theatre returned to programming art and foreign films. In 1974, the Cooper Foundation sold the Dundee to Edward Cohen and David Frank of Omaha. They changed the theater's offering to family pictures in an attempt to create a "top-notch house". The theater closed for a short time and in 1980 was purchased and renovated by Denny Moran of Moran Theatres.
181 FB users likes Dundee Theatre, set it to 106 position in Likes Rating for Omaha, Nebraska in Bar category