at 21700 Slider Road, Tulsa, 78223 United States
East Central High School is one of nine high schools in Tulsa Public Schools in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The school is home to 1,143 students from East Tulsa. The majority of students transition into East Central from: East Central Middle School and Lewis & Clark Middle School.HistoryEast Central was founded in 1904 as an independent school district. The original combined school was built on the northeast corner of what is now Admiral Blvd. and Garnett Road in 1927 that supported an elementary school, a junior high school, and high school. With the growth of the East Central district, the school built an expansion to house the High School in 1955 and built a new Elementary school on East 6th street that was completed in November 1958. In 1960 considerable damage to the high school facility at the Admiral Blvd location by high wind and school start was delayed a week. In the summer of 1964 the people of the district voted to be annexed into the Tulsa Public Schools starting that school year ('64/'65). The current school facility opened in 1966 on East 11th Street, with addition of an athletic Stadium in 1997. The architect of the Rose Bowl, William Henry Ryan, also designed East Central High School. Beginning in the 2009-2010 school year, uniforms are required for freshman students for the first time in the school and district history.Music ProgramSchool Superintendent William Wickett hired Frank McPeters to start the school's first band program in 1951. Within a few short years, the ECHS Band was performing at a high level in area parades and at ECHS football games. "Mister Mac" was loved by his students, and was known for his remarkable ability to motivate young people to become high achievers. "Mister Mac" is a member of the East Central High School Hall of Fame. He will long be remembered by his many students.
5096 FB users likes East Central High School, set it to 7 position in Likes Rating for Tulsa, Oklahoma in School category