at 5700 E 18th St, Vancouver, 98661-6898 United States
Fort Vancouver High School, known as FVHS, is a public high school located in Vancouver, Washington. It is named after Fort Vancouver, an early trading outpost (now restored and located near the banks of the Columbia River, a few miles from where the school is located). The FVHS symbol is the Trapper, in reference to the fur trade in the early 19th century by such groups as Hudson's Bay Company voyageurs.HistoryOriginally named Vancouver High School, the institution opened in 1888. Classes were first held in the basement of Central School. During 1905-1913, classes were held in the old Franklin School building, then from 1913-1955 in its own building at 26th and Main Street (what is now the corner of Main Street and Fourth Plain Boulevard). The first graduating class was in June 1891, when 12 students (9 girls and 3 boys) received their diplomas. By 1912, 276 students had received diplomas from the high school, before the permanent Vancouver High School was even opened for the 1912-1913 school year. The Vancouver School District decided to change the name of the school in 1956 when a second high school, Hudson's Bay, was built just east of the main downtown area, near Clark College. In the fall of 1970, the campus of Fort Vancouver High School was relocated to its present location in central Vancouver at 5700 E. 18th Street. In 1972, against much public protest, the original classical three-story brick building was demolished.SportsFort Vancouver participates in the Greater St. Helens 3A league and is a member of the Washington Interscholastic Athletics Association (WIAA).
1881 FB users likes Fort Vancouver High School, set it to 11 position in Likes Rating for Vancouver, United States in School category