The Fulton County Courthouse, built between 1911 and 1914, is an historic courthouse building located at 136 Pryor Street SW in Atlanta, seat of Fulton County, Georgia. It was designed by noted Atlanta-based architect A. Ten Eyck Brown (1878–1940), along with the Atlanta firm of Morgan & Dillon. It is officially the Lewis R. Slaton Courthouse.On September 18, 1980, the original building was added to the National Register of Historic Places. An annex across the street is connected via skywalk. Both are located in South Downtown.In March 2005, Brian Nichols overpowered and escaped from a sheriff's deputy at the courthouse, causing her brain damage, and then killed the judge in his rape trial, a court reporter, and another deputy, and later a man at another location, before kidnapping and holding a woman hostage. He was found guilty of all 54 counts against him at his trial, which was moved to Atlanta Municipal Court to avoid the crime scene where most of the killing spree occurred.
588 FB users likes Fulton County Courthouse, set it to 1 position in Likes Rating for Atlanta, Georgia in Courthouse category