at , Pittsburgh, 15222 United States
The Gateway Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is a high-rise building complex with 1500000sqft of office space in five buildings. The plans developed during World War II to redevelop the dense and "blighted" forks of the Ohio River into both Point State Park and a "Gateway" of offices. It was announced as fully financed on September 21, 1949 when the Equitable Insurance Co. of New York agreed to underwrite the project after securing lease agreements from Westinghouse, Mellon Financial and other major corporations. Although mainly a run down warehouse district the Center did require the demolition of the 1904 Beaux Arts 11 floor Wabash Pittsburgh Terminal. Gateway Center was purchased in 2004 by Hertz Investment Group, a Los Angeles, California, based real estate investment company, for US$55 million. Eggers & Higgins, architects on the Thomas Jefferson Memorial were the architects for the first three buildings, One, Two and Three Gateway Center.In May 2013, the National Park Service designated a historic district named the "Pittsburgh Renaissance Historic District" in downtown Pittsburgh, and the Gateway Center buildings were included in the district as some of its major contributing properties.
31 FB users likes Gateway Center, set it to 10 position in Likes Rating for Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in Landmark category