at 337 E Randolph St, Atlanta, 60601
Grant Park refers to the oldest city park in Atlanta, Georgia, United States, as well as the Victorian neighborhood surrounding it.ParkGrant Park is the fourth-largest in the city, behind Chastain Park, Freedom Park and Piedmont Park. Grant Park has two major attractions besides the park itself: Zoo Atlanta, established in 1889 and originally known as the Grant Park Zoo; and the Atlanta Cyclorama, a cyclorama featuring the 1864 Battle of Atlanta from the American Civil War. The park serves over two million visitors per year.HistoryGrant Park was established in 1882 when Lemuel P. Grant, a successful engineer and businessman, gave the city of Atlanta 100 acres (40 ha) in the newly developed "suburb" where he lived. In 1890, the city acquired another 44 acres (18 ha) for the park and appointed its first park commissioner, Sidney Root. In 1903, the Olmsted Brothers (sons of Frederick Law Olmsted) were hired to create a plan for the park. The original park included a lake named Lake Abana to handle storm-water runoff.
1934 FB users likes Grant Park, Atlanta, set it to 2 position in Likes Rating for Atlanta, Georgia in Landmark category