The Henry M. Jackson Federal Building (JFB) is a 37-story United States Federal Government skyscraper in downtown Seattle, Washington. Located on the block bounded by Marion and Madison Streets and First and Second Avenues, the building was completed in 1974 and won the Honor Award of the American Institute of Architects in 1976. It received its current name after the death of U.S. Senator Henry M. Jackson in 1983. Architects for the project were Bassetti/Norton/Metler/Rekevics and John Graham & Associates.Among the structures torn down to build the federal building were the Richardsonian Romanesque Burke Building (built 1889–91), the Hotel Stevens, and the Tivoli Theater, a burlesque house. It is located across from the Old Federal Building.The building serves as a courthouse for the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington. Other occupants of the building include the U.S. Treasury Department, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Thirteenth U.S. Coast Guard District.
36 FB users likes Henry M. Jackson Federal Building, set it to 11 position in Likes Rating for Seattle, Washington in Landmark & Historical Place category