at 2801 Saint Lo Dr, Baltimore, 21213 United States
Heritage High School is a public high school located in the northeast area known as Clifton Park of Baltimore, Maryland.Founded in 2004, established as an expansion school and as a result of the breakup of Lake Clifton Eastern High School. It is currently categorized within District 6, "neighborhood high schools": a comprehensive high school. It officially specializes in the focus of three career and technology completer preparation programs: Business, Management & Finance; Human Resource Services; and Law.Lake Clifton Eastern High School has existed on the campus since the early 1970s until it was closed down in 2005, and the smaller schools that were on the campus replaced the large school. They are still faced with problems common to underfunded urban schools, such as academic performance and discipline. The same problems led to Doris M. Johnson High School being recommend for closure in 2010 and Heritage has been identified by the Maryland State Department of Education for school improvement in many years. Due to Doris M. Johnson High School closing, Heritage currently shares the Lake Clifton Campus with the REACH! Partnership School.HistoryEarly historyFounded in 2004 by Karen Lawrence, established as an expansion school originally known as Harford Institute during the time and as a result of the breakup of Lake Clifton Eastern High School. The school began it existence at the old Fairmount-Harford Building of 2555 Harford Road where it shared the building with Harbor City High School for the first two years (2003—2005) with an initial enrollment of up to 310 9th and 10th graders.
31 FB users likes Heritage High School (Baltimore, Maryland), set it to 109 position in Likes Rating for Baltimore, Maryland in School category
Paul Laurence Dunbar High School for Health Professionals, officially referred to as Paul Laurence Dunbar High School, is a public high school located at 1400 Orleans Street by Central Avenue in Old East Baltimore, Maryland.HistoryPaul Laurence Dunbar High School opened around the corner from its present location, in 1918, as the Paul Laurence Dunbar Elementary School, No. 101. The original school was part of the segregated "colored schools" system, which was abolished by 1954. The present school is part of the Baltimore City Public Schools system. It was named in memory of Paul Laurence Dunbar, a famous African-American poet, who had died twelve years before the school opened. In 1925, it was renamed Dunbar Junior High School, No. 133. In 1940, Dunbar became a high school and awarded its first diploma, the second school for African-Americans in Baltimore to do so. After thirty years of heavy use, in the summer of 2007, the main high school building was emptied for renovations. Students were moved to Thomas G. Hayes Elementary School, behind Dunbar at 601 North Central Avenue. The renovations were completed in late August 2009 with costs totaling $32 million. Newly renovated features include science and robotics labs, wider interior hallways, larger windows, a new cafeteria, and a new library.
Explore an education that inspires children in Pre-K through 8th grade at The Waldorf School of Baltimore.