at Euclid Crescent, Dundee, DD1 1HU United Kingdom
The High School of Dundee is an independent, co-educational, day school in Dundee, Scotland which provides nursery, primary and secondary education to just over one thousand pupils. Its foundation has been dated to 1239, and it is the only private school in Dundee.The school's Rector is a member of the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference.HistoryThe Grammar SchoolThe School has origins in the Grammar School of Dundee founded by the abbot and monks of Lindores Abbey after they were granted a charter by Gilbert, Bishop of Brechin, in the early 1220s to "plant schools wherever they please in the burgh". Their rights were confirmed by a Papal Bull conferred by Pope Gregory IX on 14 February 1239. It is from this Bull that the School's Latin motto "Prestante Domino ", translated as "Under the Leadership of God", is taken.Little information survives about the early grammar school: it would have taught a Latin curriculum to boys from Dundee and the surrounding area. In 1434, the teaching methods of the Master, Gilbert Knight, were challenged by John, Bishop of Brechin, who conferred Laurence Lownan as the new Master in Knight's place.
1655 FB users likes High School of Dundee, set it to 1 position in Likes Rating for Dundee in High School category