at 9 Lauderdale Gardens, Hyndland, Glasgow G12 9RQ, Glasgow United Kingdom
Hyndland Secondary School is a non-denominational state comprehensive school in the Hyndland area of Glasgow, Scotland.The school provides secondary education for children from the local area, although there are many children from other areas of the city. The school is part of the Hyndland New Learning Community, which consists of the school, its feeder primaries and other local children's services, and of which the former Headmaster, John F Alexander, was the Principal. Hyndland is also the only school in Glasgow where wearing uniform is not required on a day-to-day basis.HistoryIn 1887, the Govan Parish School Board opened the Hyndland School on Hamilton Crescent in Partick, designed by William Landless. In 1912, the school moved to a new building on Clarence Drive, now known as the Airlie Building, which it shared with Hyndland Primary School. In 1930, expansion led to a second building being added back-to-back with the Airlie Building, fronting onto Lauderdale Gardens and in 1997, the school's catchment area was extended to take in part of the former Victoria Drive Secondary area.The previous building became Hamilton Crescent Supplementary School in 1912, Hamilton Crescent Advanced Central Public School in 1927, and Hamilton Crescent Junior Secondary in 1940 until 1972, when Hyndland Primary School was relocated to the building in what was by then known as Fortrose Street.Primary schoolsHyndland, Broomhill, Thornwood and Whiteinch Primary Schools serve as feeder primaries to the school. Some pupils of Broomhill Primary also have the option of going to Jordanhill School as a result of the increase in capacity between that school's primary and secondary departments. Pupils who did not attend any of these schools may apply to Glasgow City Council to be admitted to Hyndland by way of a placing request.
1790 FB users likes Hyndland Secondary School, set it to 22 position in Likes Rating for Glasgow in School category