Inglewood is a residential neighbourhood in north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.Between 1946 and 1996, Edmonton's Charles Camsell Hospital was located in the neighbourhood. The hospital was named after Canadian geologist and map maker Charles Camsell.The neighbourhood is bounded on the north by 118 Avenue, on the south by 111 Avenue, on the west by Groat Road, and on the east by the a former Canadian National Railway right of way.HistoryAs of 1882, portions of the present neighbourhood were owned by an employee of the Hudson's Bay fur trading company, operating a few kilometers away at Fort Edmonton. Located along the original St. Albert Trail, connecting the settlements of St. Albert and Edmonton, the area was used by Métis and First Nations peoples for their campsites when they came to do business in Edmonton.The majority of Inglewood was added to Edmonton during an annexation in 1904, with the portion west of 127 Street added in a 1908 annexation.DemographicsIn the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Inglewood had a population of living in dwellings, a -1.3% change from its 2009 population of. With a land area of 1.65km2, it had a population density of people/km2 in 2012.
68 FB users likes Inglewood, Edmonton, set it to 14 position in Likes Rating for Edmonton, Alberta in Neighborhood category