at 9017 N University Ave , 73120-4647
John Marshall High School is a public high school in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The original location of John Marshall High School opened in 1950 at 9017 N University Ave., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.The school is named in honor of the 4th Chief Justice of the United States (1755–1835), John Marshall. John Marshall was the longest working Chief Justice in Supreme Court history. Marshall ruled the Court for thirty years and was an important part of making the American legal system. His most important addition was judicial review; the power to stop laws that violate the Constitution. Marshall has been called the one that made the judicial branch special and powerful. Marshall also balanced the power between the federal and state government. He made sure the federal law was more powerful than state law and that it agreed with an expansive reading of the enumerated powers.The high school won the 1995 Class 5A State Championship, beating MacArthur (Lawton) High School 21-7.The new location of the school opened in 2005 at 12201 North Portland Avenue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.John Marshall High School has gone through several phases in its history. Originally opening in far North Oklahoma City 1950, it served as a high school for The Village, Britton, Quail Creek, The Greens, Val Verde and Nichols Hills. The boundaries changed several times over the years. In 2005 the students were split between the original campus and the new campus. For one semester the Oklahoma Public Schools changed the name of the original location to Centennial High School in an attempt to use the original location as an alternative to the closed Gateway Academy. This did not work out and the remaining students were transferred to the new location. The original location was finally fully closed in 2006.