Kansas City Public Schools or KCPS is a provisionally accredited school district headquartered at 1211 McGee Street in Downtown Kansas City, Missouri. This entire school district regained provisional accreditation on August 6, 2014.BoundariesThe school district serves some of the residents within Kansas City, Missouri.It is bordered on the west by the Kansas/Missouri border line and on the east by the Independence and Raytown school districts. It is bordered on the north by the Missouri River. It is bordered on the south by the Hickman Mills school district and, at approximately 85th Street, by the Center school district. The school district covers none of the city north of the Missouri River, sitting inside the historic boundaries of the city before later annexations. In fact, there are portions of Kansas City, Missouri, where children attend 14 other "suburban" districts. In other words, the Kansas City District comprises the oldest parts of the city and is not contiguous with the boundaries of the city of Kansas City, Missouri.HistoryThe district began in 1867.AnnexationsBefore 1900April 1885: Portions of District #1 and the Oakley district. April 1886: Portions of the Ashland and Westport districts. April 1887: Another portion of the Oakley district. February 16, 1899: Entire Westport District.1900 to 1950April 16, 1903: Ivanhoe District. September 6, 1906: A portion of the Swope district. October 18, 1906; September 3, 1908; February 4, 1909; September 16, 1910: Four separate portions of the Seven Oaks district. Seven Oaks continued to exist. April 4, 1910: A portion of the Mount Washington district. May 18, 1910: Remaining portion of the Swope District. August 28, 1911: Entire District No. 101. September 7, 1911: Entire Border Star District. September 21, 1911: Another portion of the Seven Oaks district. November 2, 1911: Entire Briston district. November 16, 1911: Entire Mount Washington district. March 21, 1912: Part of the Boone district. August 27, 1912: Shiloh district. February 13, 1913: Remaining portion of the Seven Oaks district. September 2, 1913: A portion of the Center district. December 11, 1916: All of the Leeds district. August 7, 1947: The Ruhl–Hartman District.