at 721 Royal York Road , Toronto Canada
Kingsmill Secondary School is a former public and vocational high school existed from 1963 until its closure in June 1988 run by the Etobicoke Board of Education .The Kingsmill Secondary School land and building remains currently owned by TDSB's land realtor, Toronto Lands Corporation.HistoryOriginally a piece of land surveyed in the township of Etobicoke in 1793 by local developer Frederick Davidson which was set aside for the use of the government mill or the King's Mill located at the first rapids upstream from Lake Ontario and was later used for his 'Brookwood' estate. The house was eventually demolished in 1961 and the Etobicoke Board of Education built and opened Kingsmill (named after the Old 'King's' Mill) in October 1963 on the 721 Royal York Road site next to Royal York Collegiate Institute (now Etobicoke School of the Arts).In September 1980, Kingsmill, Alderwood Collegiate Institute, New Toronto SS (later Lakeshore Collegiate Institute), and Royal York CI underwent a review by the Etobicoke Board of Education. A similar review occurred in 1987 when EBE originally decided to close Kingsmill and Humbergrove Secondary School in April 1987 since enrolment went down at the 207 mark in 1987 and 191 in 1988. Meanwhile, the Metropolitan Separate School Board (now the Toronto Catholic District School Board) has offered to hand over Kingsmill to ease overcrowding conditions at Michael Power/St. Joseph High School.
7 FB users likes Kingsmill Secondary School, set it to 194 position in Likes Rating for Toronto, Ontario in School category