The Lassen Hotel in Wichita, Kansas, also known as Market Centre, was built in 1918. It was designed by architects Richards, McCarty & Bulford. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.It is an 11-story building. Originally it had an L-shaped plan for floors 3 to 11. It was expanded in 1922 by adding a wing that gave the upper floors a U-shaped plan.The building has a 2-story annex that is not included in the NRHP listing.Between 1968 and 1971, it was operated as the Radisson Wichita Hotel. In 1971, it was purchased by the Defenders of the Christian Faith and was operated as a retirement home with offices and retail space. It was the subject of the Kansas Supreme Court case, Defenders of the Christian Faith v. Board of County Commissioners, 219 Kan. 181, 547 P.2d 706 (1976).In 1983, the building was under renovation to become an office building. By 1986 the building was fully renovated from the Lassen Hotel to an office building.
3 FB users likes Lassen Hotel, set it to 79 position in Likes Rating for Wichita, Kansas in Hotel category