Edward Drummond Libbey High School was a public high school building located on the south side of Toledo, Ohio which held classes from 1923 until 2010. It is part of Toledo Public Schools and contained the Smart Academy and Humanities Academy. Libbey was named after Edward Drummond Libbey, the founder of the Toledo Art Museum and Libbey Glass. David L. Stine was the building's architect.The Libbey Cowboys were founding members of the Toledo City League from 1926 until the school closed. Their colors were royal blue and gold. The Cowboys were most famous for their boys basketball teams and had a strong basketball rivalry with Scott High School in Toledo. Prior to the Shoe Bowl championship for the City League football title, Libbey had an annual Thanksgiving Day football game with Woodward High School from 1923-1932, and with DeVilbiss High School from 1933-1963.Fate of LibbeyLibbey High School had been rumored to be potentially closing since the 1980s, but was recommended to stay open by the school district each time the issue was brought up. In 1991, TPS decided to close two high schools that were to be chosen from a list of Libbey, DeVilbiss and Macomber-Whitney high schools. Libbey was spared while DeVilbiss and Macomber-Whitney were shuttered.
3 FB users likes Libbey High School, set it to 66 position in Likes Rating for Toledo, Ohio in School category