at 17 Leslie Rd , 3040
Lowther Hall Anglican Grammar School, most often referred to simply as Lowther Hall, is an independent, Anglican, day school for girls, located in Essendon, an inner suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.Established in 1920 through the amalgamation of Blinkbonnie's Ladies' College and Winstow Girls' School, the school has a non-selective enrolment policy and currently caters for 800 students from Kindergarten to Year 12.Lowther Hall is affiliated with the Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia (AHISA), the Junior School Heads Association of Australia (JSHAA), the Alliance of Girls' Schools Australasia (AGSA), the Association of Independent Schools of Victoria (AISV), and is a founding member of Girls Sport Victoria (GSV).HistoryLowther Hall comprises numerous buildings, each varying in age. At the centre of the school is 'Earlsbrae Hall', commonly referred to as 'The Mansion' by students, parents and staff alike, which Coiler McCracken constructed in 1890.Earlsbrae Hall was designed by renowned architect, R. A. Lawson. The exterior of the mansion is described as a Graeco-Roman temple with Corinthian columns. Inside the mansion, one can find carved woodwork and an extensive use of stained glass windows. 'The Mansion' houses the drawing room, as well as the administration wing of the school, music classrooms and the Principal's office.