Loyola University New Orleans College of Law is a private law school in New Orleans, Louisiana affiliated with Loyola University New Orleans. Loyola's law school opened in 1914 and is now located on the Broadway Campus of the University in the historic Audubon Park District of the city. The College of Law is one of only fourteen Jesuit law schools in the United States. It is also one of only a few law schools in the nation to offer curricula in both Civil Law and Common Law. The school releases several academic journals, most notable of which is the Loyola Law Review.According to the College of Law's 2013 ABA-required disclosures, 48.8% of the Class of 2013 obtained full-time, long-term, bar passage-required employment nine months after graduation, excluding solo practitioners.HistoryThe College of Law was founded as the School of Law as one of the earliest academic departments of Loyola University New Orleans, chartered in 1912. The first session of the School of Law occurred on October 5, 1914; it originally held classes only in the evening and was located downtown at the College of the Immaculate Conception, now known as Jesuit High School. The School of Law was then moved uptown to the St. Charles Avenue campus of Loyola in 1915. In 1925, the law school opened a day division to better serve the needs of its students, as the coursework was expanded to a four-year program. In 1931, the law school became a member of the American Bar Association and became a member of the Association of American Law Schools in 1934. In 1986, the law school moved from the main campus to its current location on the Broadway Campus, only a few blocks away (located on the west side of the Audubon Park).
80 FB users likes Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, set it to 20 position in Likes Rating for New Orleans, Louisiana in University category