The Masonic Temple built in 1894 at St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada is an example of Victorian construction which includes pilasters, free-standing columns and multiple pediments. The building was constructed from large bricks imported from Accrington and built upon a stone foundation. It is three stories and contains several classical motifs, it includes pilasters, free-standing columns and multiple pediments. An elaborate pipe organ decorates the main room which was dedicated on April 28, 1916 with a large portion of the funding contributed by Sir John Chalker Crosbie. The cornerstone was laid in a Masonic ceremony conducted by Former Newfoundland prime minister Sir William Whiteway held on August 23, 1894. The Freemasons held the first Masonic meeting in the structure on November 1, 1896, but the order did not consecrate the building until April 23, 1897. The last Masonic meeting in the temple was held in June 2007. The Masonic Temple has since been sold, and there is no longer any Masonic connection with the building, and no Masonic events are held there.
24 FB users likes Masonic Temple, set it to 306 position in Likes Rating for St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador in Local business category