Metro Animal Emergency Clinic

at 201 #32 Brownlow Ave, Dartmouth, B3B 1W2 Canada

info@maec.ca


Metro Animal Emergency Clinic
201 #32 Brownlow Ave
Dartmouth , NS B3B 1W2
Canada
Contact Phone
P: 902-468-0674
Website
http://www.maec.ca

Description

Company Rating

1009 Facebook users were in Metro Animal Emergency Clinic. It's a 6 position in Popularity Rating for companies in Hospital category in Halifax, Nova Scotia

2928 FB users likes Metro Animal Emergency Clinic, set it to 2 position in Likes Rating for Halifax, Nova Scotia in Hospital category

Just a reminder that the Metro Animal Emergency Clinic will be CLOSED during the day on Easter Monday, April 6th! We will reopen at our normal time, 8 pm Monday night. Please contact your regular veterinary clinic during the day Monday for any questions or concerns regarding your pet :)

Published on 2015-04-05 16:25:53 GMT

The Metro Animal Emergency Clinic will open tonight, April 2 nd at 8 PM and remain open until Monday, April 6 th at 8 AM. We will be closed as usual during the day on Monday. Our phone number is 902-468-0674 if you have any questions or concerns regarding your pet. Happy Easter!

Published on 2015-04-02 00:01:06 GMT

As Easter approaches, we start to see a steep increase in two types of toxicity.....lilies for cats and chocolate for dogs. Every single part of the lily is toxic to cats - the leaves, the stem, petals and pollen. No amount is safe to ingest and it can cause severe health complications ( including death). Even if you think your cat will not eat the lily, it is never safe to have in your home, as each year we see cases from the cat simply licking dropped pollen off its feet. If you are giving lilies as a gift, choose something else if the recipient has a cat. And dogs and chocolate....oh, the irresistible Easter chocolate! At the Metro Animal Emergency Clinic, we think dogs love chocolate just as much as people. They will go to incredible lengths to eat chocolate, including opening closets and unwrapping chocolate hidden waaaay in the back. Chocolate toxicity depends on the type of chocolate, the amount ingested, and the weight of the dog. Signs of toxicity will vary depending on these factors but it can be anything from vomiting to cardiac arrest - chocolate is simply not safe for dogs, so be sure to keep it up high and out of reach! If you suspect your pet has ingested either of these substances please call your own veterinary hospital immediately, or 902-468-0674 if they are not open.