at , 63119
Nerinx Hall High School is a private Roman Catholic girls high school in Webster Groves, Missouri, and is part of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Saint Louis.HistoryNerinx Hall begins with three pioneer women, Mary Rhodes, Ann Havern and Christina Stuart, who founded the Sisters of Loretto in 1812. The Nerinx Hall name is a tribute to Fr. Nerinckx's work. As the country moved west, so did Loretto. From frontier Kentucky into the mid- and southwest United States, the Sisters continued their involvement in Catholic education. In 1924, Nerinx Hall began educating young women in the Lockwood family home in Webster Groves, Missouri, graduating its first class in May 1925.Over the years the school has grown in enrollment and physical facilities. Nerinx added a gym in 1947 and moved into the current red brick building in 1954. In 1993, Nerinx Hall returned to Lockwood House where the school had been founded. This historic home now houses a classroom and the bookstore, as well as departmental and administrative offices. In 1996, a new physics lab, media center, three classrooms and an elevator were added. The chemistry lab was also updated, and the library was expanded and renovated. In 2002, Nerinx Hall realized plans to "go green", with a biology lab renovation that included a new greenhouse for plant experimentation. In 2007, the school completed its largest expansion since the construction of the current school building in 1954. The 375-seat Heagney Theatre and the Knaup Family Student Commons were added to the campus at this time. A two-story classroom addition also brought a new music classroom and art lab spaces. The athletic field was also expanded and an artificial turf surface was installed.