St Peter's College is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Oxford and is located in New Inn Hall Street, Oxford, United Kingdom. It occupies the site of two of the University's oldest Inns, both of which were founded in the 13th century. In 1979, it began admitting women. The modern college was founded as St Peter's Hall in 1929 by Francis James Chavasse, Bishop of Liverpool and achieved full collegiate status in 1961, becoming St Peter's College.As of 2013, the college had an estimated financial endowment of £27 million.HistorySt Peter's occupies the site of two of the University's oldest Inns, or medieval hostels - Bishop Trilleck's, later New Inn Hall, and Rose Hall - both of which were founded in the 13th century and were part of the University in their own right. During the First English Civil War, the University's college plate was requisitioned by the King's Oxford Parliament and taken to New Inn Hall to be melted down into "Oxford Crowns". In the 18th century, William Blackstone became the Principal of New Inn Hall after being appointed the Vinerian Professor of English Law at Oxford. New Inn Hall and Rose Hall later became part of Balliol College.