at , Newark, 07107 United States
Newark Schools Stadium is the name of two stadiums that were both located on Bloomfield Avenue between Abingdon and Roseville Avenues in the Roseville section of Newark, New Jersey.The first stadium was used primarily for football and was built in 1925. It was the home of the Newark Tornadoes of the National Football League during the 1930 season. The stadium was used for high school football until 2006. Baseball's Newark Stars of the Eastern Colored League, which was a part of the Negro Leagues, also used the stadium in 1926. Its primary use, however, was for Newark's high schools. The original stadium was a reinforced concrete horseshoe shaped venue that had a maximum seating capacity of 25,000.The original stadium was condemned in 2006 and demolished in 2009. In its place, a brand new Schools Stadium was constructed on the site and the new stadium opened in 2011.The current Schools Stadium shares some design elements with its predecessor but seats far fewer people in two metal bleacher sections. It currently plays host to football games played by Barringer High School and East Side High School. The new Schools Stadium is one of three venues used by Newark's high schools, with Untermann Field at Weequahic High School and Shabazz Stadium at Malcolm X Shabazz High School the other two.
23 FB users likes Newark Schools Stadium, set it to 4 position in Likes Rating for Newark, New Jersey in Sports venue category