Chorlton High School is a coeducational secondary school with academy status, located in Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Manchester, England.HistoryGrammar schoolChorlton Grammar School for Boys was founded in September 1924 with 110 boys due to the growing need to educate older local boys. The first headmaster was A. F. Chappell, appointed in 1925. During Second World War it was twice evacuated to Fleetwood, owing to the Blitz; school records for the period during the war are sketchy, as the boys were moved around multiple times. The first headmaster retired in 1951 and was succeeded by Mr Merriman a year later. In 1952 it became a grammar school as pupil numbers started increasing again. The third and final headmaster was C. A. Crofts, appointed in 1963. There was at one time a lower school in Darley Avenue (formerly Barlow Hall School).ComprehensiveDuring the 1960s it returned to its comprehensive roots. The existing building of Chorlton High School at Nell Lane (built in the early 1960s) replaced the old school at Sandy Lane (Corkland Road), which was formerly Chorlton Grammar School; in the early years it was called Oakwood High School. Chorlton Grammar School on Corkland Road merged with Barlow Hall Secondary Modern School in 1967, when all of Manchester's secondary state schools became comprehensive.It was designated a specialist Arts College in 2002. In May 2012, the school governors approved the controversial decision to convert into an academy. The school became an academy on 1 January 2013.
4 FB users likes Oakwood High School, Manchester, set it to 77 position in Likes Rating for Manchester in School category