at , Albuquerque, 87102 United States
Old Albuquerque High School is a former school in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which is protected by the city as a historic landmark. It is located on the northeast corner of Central and Broadway NE, at the center of an area that has become known as East Downtown or EDo. The campus comprises five buildings, the oldest of which was built in 1914. After the school moved to a new location in 1974, the old buildings were left abandoned for decades before being renovated as loft apartments in the early 21st century. Old Albuquerque High was added to the New Mexico State Register of Cultural Properties in 1977.BuildingsThe Old Albuquerque High campus comprises five buildings grouped around a central courtyard. All of the buildings were designed in the Gothic Revival style typical of early 20th-century school architecture.Old Main is the original building, constructed in 1914. It is located on the southeast corner of the campus, facing Central Avenue. The three-story building was designed by Henry C. Trost and originally housed classrooms, a gymnasium, a library, an auditorium, and a science laboratory.The Manual Arts Building was built in 1927 on the east side of campus, facing Arno Street. It has three stories and 27,000sqft of floor area, and originally housed a woodshop and machine shop in addition to classrooms. It was designed by local architect George Williamson.
63 FB users likes Old Albuquerque High School, set it to 58 position in Likes Rating for Albuquerque, New Mexico in School category