In 1926 Bishop Samuel Stritch with the help of the Sisters of Saint Francis in Sylvania, bought 21 acres on Hill Avenue and the first frame church was built and dedicated on Sepember 25,1927 and school classes were begun in the fall. The church was named by Bishop Stritch as Our Lady of Lourdes and it was a Mission of the newly formed Saint Hyacinth Parish. Father John Lubiatkowski was the first pastor of the parish and its mission church. Sixty-four families formed the first parish and the same year developed a school with 90 pupils from grades 1-7. Sister M. Imelda Czubek, O.S.F. while serving Saint Hyacinth, was the first principal. Our Lady of Lourdes School merged with Little Flower School and it is now called St. Benedict Catholic School, 5522 Dorr Street, Toledo, Ohio 43615 the school is located in the Little Flower School building. The Our Lady of Lourdes school builing located at 6145 Hill Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43615 has been developed into a Character school, Imagine Hill Avenue Environmental School. Towards the ending of Our Lady of Lourdes School as we knew it, in 2010 the private school served 116 students in grades K-8 and was coed with 11 students for every full time equivalent teacher. St. Benedict Catholic School Mission: "United in community, in partnership with families, and guided by the message of St. Benedict, God calls us to live, learn and love."
23 FB users likes Our Lady of Lourdes School Toledo, OH, set it to 59 position in Likes Rating for Toledo, Ohio in School category