at , Pedley, 92509 United States
Pedley was a census-designated place (CDP) in Riverside County, California, United States. The population was 12,672 at the 2010 census, up from 11,207 at the 2000 census. On July 1, 2011, the CDP became part of the newly incorporated City of Jurupa Valley.HistoryPedley took its name from William Pedley, a former English cricketer who became manager of the San Jacinto Land Company at Riverside, California. He was the designer, builder, and engineer of the irrigation system that was installed there. The settlement was named in 1903 or 1904 when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad (SP&LASL), which is now the Union Pacific Railroad Company (UPRR), installed a switch and a railroad station at the location. The concrete viaduct train bridge that crosses the Santa Ana River was at one time the longest concrete railroad bridge in the United States. On the northern edge of Pedley at Jurupa Ave C/O Van Buren is the Bly Wye. The wye serves as a juncture to the Crestmore Cement Mill and was once the connection to the Pacific Electric to downtown Riverside and Rialto. The Bly Wye also led to the rock quarry at the end of Jurupa Ave. The rock quarry provided rock for San Pedro Harbor and the rock jetties.Incorporation into the City of Jurupa ValleyOn March 8, 2011, voters passed Measure A by a 54.03% YES vote, incorporating the areas of Mira Loma, Pedley, Rubidoux, Glen Avon, and Sunnyslope into a new city, Jurupa Valley. The effective date of incorporation was July 1, 2011.
389 FB users likes Pedley, California, set it to 8 position in Likes Rating for Riverside, California in City category