at , Perth, PH1 1 United Kingdom
Perth Royal Infirmary is a district hospital in Perth. The Royal Infirmary, administered by NHS Tayside, caters for both the city and wider Perth & Kinross area, with a population around 182,000 being served by the hospital.HistoryPerth Royal infirmary has its origins in the Perth City and County Infirmary, which was completed in 1838 and opened to patients on 1 October of that year. This Grecian style building was designed by William Macdonald Mackenzie, with the original cost of the land and buildings being £6812-15-3 ½. The building of the hospital was funded by various contributions and subscriptions and the hospital continued to be supported by congregational collections, donations from individuals and by a number of legacies. The building was expanded and altered a number of times, but in 1914 the hospital moved to larger premises. The old hospital building is now the home of the A.K. Bell Library.The current Perth Royal Infirmary was built on a site on Glasgow Road between 1912 and 1914. An extension containing operating theatres and kitchens was added between 1934 and 1935. The most recent addition to the Royal Infirmary was the inclusion of the A&E department in 1993. This was to replace the Perth County and City Infirmary which had been in existence since 1838. The former site became a Red Cross hospital and later the home of Perth County Council for at least 50 years until it was converted into the main city library in 1991.The Royal Infirmary has been a University Teaching Hospital since 2006 and is now run by NHS Tayside.The archives of Perth Royal Infirmary are held by Archive Services, University of Dundee as part of the NHS Tayside Archives.
288 FB users likes Perth Royal Infirmary, set it to 2 position in Likes Rating for Perth, Perth and Kinross in Hospital category