Peterborough Tramways

Peterborough Tramways served the city of Peterborough from 24 January 1903 until 15 November 1930.InfrastructureFrom its southmost limit, the Market Place, the network had three routes: along Westgate and Lincoln Road to a terminus at the junction with Sage's Lane at grid reference along Westgate, Lincoln Road and Dogsthorpe Road to a terminus at the junction with St Pauls Road at grid reference along Midgate, New Road and Eastfield Road to a terminus at the junction with Eye Road at grid reference The depot was located on the east side of Lincoln Road at grid reference. Millfield Bus Depot now occupies the site.TramcarsThe fleet, in a livery of lake-brown and cream, consisted of: 14 Brush Electrical Machines open top double deck tramcarsClosureThe system's owners started to introduce motorbuses in 1913 to supplement the trams. Ultimately Peterborough's electric tram system was superseded by a motorbus system which was an original component of the Eastern Counties Omnibus Company.


Peterborough Tramways

Peterborough
United Kingdom
Contact Phone
P: ---
Website
-

Company Rating