Our Parish and School
St. Raphael is one of the last parishes to be founded within the city limits of St. Louis. It was founded in June of 1950 at the request of Archbishop Joseph E. Ritter to Father Arthur Behrman. On August 15, 1951, Father Behrman placed the cornerstone to what became a combination church and school at 6000 Jamieson Avenue. The first graduating class was in 1952. In October of 1966, the cornerstone was laid for construction of a permanent church and rectory on Bishops Place. In 2003, a new addition to the school was built adding a state of the art science lab and computer lab. In 2010, the Saint Raphael Preschool opened to better meet the needs of our growing Parish and School.
1025 FB users likes Saint Raphael the Archangel Parish and School, set it to 38 position in Likes Rating for St. Louis in School category