at , , 060-0032
The is a complex that includes a shopping mall, office, multiplex movie theaters, and museum, located in Chūō-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaidō, Japan. The building was formerly a brewery that belonged to the Kaitakushi, the old government of Hokkaidō prefecture, and later owned by the Sapporo Beer Company, the predecessor of the Sapporo Brewery. Currently, the Sapporo Factory is run by the Yebisu Garden Place, a subsidiary of Sapporo Holdings Ltd., and a real estate company. The original brewery building was built in 1876, and after the brewery ceased to function in beer production, the operations were moved to a new location in Eniwa, in 1993.HistoryIn 1875, the former government of Hokkaidō prefecture, Kaitakushi, made a decision to construct a brewery at the official garden in Aoyama, Tokyo, which was created in 1871 and located close to where Aoyama Gakuin University currently sits. The Kaitakushi's original plan was to cultivate imported plants and vegetables in Tokyo and bring them to Hokkaidō; it was thought that imported plants mainly from Europe might not suit the frigid climate in Hokkaidō. Some Kaitakushi officials also contemplated acquiring wide recognition of the modern agricultural technology in Europe and what the Kaitakushi has done, by planting foreign vegetations or introducing expensive farming instruments, and inviting officials and the emperor of Japan to that garden in Aoyama.
315 FB users likes Sapporo Factory, set it to 2 position in Likes Rating for Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido, Japan in Landmark category