Scarborough Junction is a neighbourhood in the Scarborough district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is bordered by Birchmount Road, Brimley Road, Eglinton Avenue, and St. Clair Avenue.HistoryThe first European settlement in the area was the town of Strangford established at what is today the intersection of Victoria Park and St. Clair in 1863. Another small town named Mortlake was established in 1865. The town's main building, the Halfway House Hotel, survives today at Black Creek Pioneer Village where it was moved in 1962. The small farming communities changed when the area became the meeting point of two major railways. The Grand Trunk Railway laid track through the area in 1856 and the Toronto and Nipissing Railway arrived in 1873. The business of the area changed from farming to supporting travellers and maintaining the railroads. The two towns, Strangford and Mortlake, merged into Scarborough Junction. By 1896 Scarborough Junction became the most populated of all the villages in the Township of Scarborough.The post-World War II years saw Scarborough Junction become one of the first areas of Scarborough to be transformed into modern suburbs. Its major road and rail lines made for easy travel to the city, inspiring the epithet "Scarborough Junction."
828 FB users likes Scarborough Junction, set it to 10 position in Likes Rating for Toronto, Ontario in Neighborhood category