St. Georg (Sankt Georg; ) is a central quarter in the borough Hamburg-Mitte of Hamburg, Germany. In 2006 the population was 10,551.HistoryIn 1410 the articles 17 and 18 of a contract between the Senate and the citizens were regulating the accommodation of the patients in the hospital St. Georg . This hospital still exists as the Asklepios Klinik St. Georg.In 1868 the suburb St. Georg became official part of Hamburg, including the hospital for epidemic plague.Due to the problems with drug abuse, prostitution and the high crime rate, in 2007 the Senate of Hamburg enforced a law to enact a ban of weapons on the area Hansaplatz of St. Georg. The only other place of Hamburg is the area Reeperbahn, St. Pauli.GeographySt. Georg is south-east to the artificial lake Außenalster, which is the border to the borough Eimsbüttel. According to the statistical office of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein, the urban quarter has a total area of 1.8 km².Parts of the quarter St. Georg are ranked as a good address by the office of city development and environment of Hamburg. The central situation of St. Georg and many places of nightlife, street cafes and shops is the source for the gentrification in this quarter since the 1980s. The city of Hamburg and the borough Hamburg-Mitte have special programs to change this quarter.
67 FB users likes St. Georg, Hamburg, set it to 10 position in Likes Rating for Hamburg, Germany in Landmark category