at , Bristol, BS1 5 United Kingdom
HistorySt George's was built for use as a church in the Clifton area of Bristol, England, between 1821 and 1823 by the architect Sir Robert Smirke, who designed it in the Greek Revival style. It was a "Waterloo church", the only one in Bristol to receive government money from the first grant under the Church Building Act of 1818.It has been designated by English Heritage as a grade II* listed building.In 1999, the church underwent extensive renovations to make it suitable for use as a full-time concert venue and it re-opened that October under the name by which it is now known, St George's Bristol.ArchivesParish records for St George's church, Brandon Hill, Bristol are held at Bristol Record Office (Ref. P.St GB) (online catalogue) including baptism and marriage registers and one burial register. The archive also includes records of the incumbent, churchwardens, parochial church council and charities, plus plans and photographs.Concert venue since 1999In 1976 St George's Music Trust was formed and in succeeding years they established the church as a major concert venue, initially known as St George's, Brandon Hill. The main body of the church seats 562 people and the crypt has been transformed into a bar and recording studios which are regularly used by the BBC.
12 FB users likes St George's Church, Brandon Hill, set it to 580 position in Likes Rating for Bristol, United Kingdom in Local business category