at , Liverpool , L4 2 United Kingdom
Stanley Park is a 110acre park in Liverpool, England, designed by Edward Kemp, which was opened on 14 May 1870 by the Mayor of Liverpool, Joseph Hubback. It is significant among Liverpool's parks on account of its layout and architecture. It has a grand terrace with expansive bedding schemes that were once highlighted by fountains. It includes the 1899 Gladstone Conservatory (recently restored and renamed the Isla Gladstone Conservatory), a Grade II listed building built by Mackenzie & Moncur of Edinburgh. 50–60% of the land consisted of open turfed areas, suitable for sport, with most of the rest being laid out as formal gardens and lakes. Kemp designed a horse-riding track ('Rotten Row'), though it did not catch on and was restyled as a cycle track around 1907.Stanley Park is known for dividing the home grounds of rival Merseyside football clubs Everton and Liverpool. However it was also the original home to a fledgling Everton Football Club in 1879 before the club moved to nearby Priory Road and then Anfield Road.Some of Stanley Park was to have been incorporated into the area of Liverpool's proposed new stadium, ironically the same location Everton F.C. played, however a change of ownership of the club during autumn 2010 resulted in the Stanley Park project being scrapped in October 2012, in favour of expanding Anfield.The park has an Evangelical church located on the corner in between the two football teams. It is named "Stanley Park Church" and is over 100 years old.The park is named after Lord Stanley of Preston and Stanley Park.
1216 FB users likes Stanley Park, Liverpool, set it to 5 position in Likes Rating for Liverpool in Park category
Sefton Park Palm House Preservation Trust is a registered charity set up in 1996 to manage Sefton Park Palm House.
Stanley Park, Liverpool is Liverpool based place and this enity listed in Park category. L4 2. Contact phone number of Stanley Park, Liverpool: +44 151 281 8696