at 5 Newmills Road, Dalkeith, EH22 1DU United Kingdom
The pub is named after the blacksmith’s forge which was first recorded on this site in the 1850s. Blacksmiths subsequently practised their trade here until the 1970s. The 1850 map of Dalkeith shows that the wood yard had become a smithy, on what had been renamed Newmills Road. Generations of blacksmiths then worked hammer and tongs here, until c1970, after which the premises are listed in the valuation rolls as workshops.
404 FB users likes The Blacksmith's Forge (Wetherspoons), set it to 10 position in Likes Rating for Edinburgh, United Kingdom in Bar & Grill category