Originally opened in 1905 as the clubhouse for The Lambs Club, America’s first professional theatre organization, the Stanford White-designed Landmark building now serves as home to The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection hotel, New York City and Manhattan Theater District’s first true luxury hotel.
The opening of The Chatwal in September 2010 marked a return to the elegant glamour of the early 20th Century. Meticulously restored by world renowned master architect and interior designer Thierry Despont, The Chatwal New York salutes the New York City ‘baby grand’ hotels of a bygone era offering a fresh perspective on the luxury hotel experience.
Original features have been brilliantly incorporated into the new design, creating a strong sense of place and era – from the striking floor-to-ceiling fireplace reinstated in the restaurant and the restoration of the façade, to the use of chrome metal details, fine suede walls – and leather detailing inspired by the craftsmanship of 18th century malletier travel trunk designers.
How To Get to
The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York
A,C,E @42nd Street/Port Authority; N,R,W, 1,2,3,7 @42nd Street/Times Square; B,D,F,M @ 42nd Street/Bryant Park
The Chatwal New York Facebook page is intended to provide a place for fans to discuss The Chatwal New York experiences and promotions. Comments that are unlawful, obscene, spam, off-topic, injurious to privacy, or otherwise offensive will be deleted. Please note that The Chatwal New York does not necessarily endorse nor is responsible for the accuracy of information, opinions, claims, or advice shared here by The Chatwal New York fans.
The Chatwal New York offers 76 unparalleled accommodations and a fresh perspective on the luxury hotel experience. Highlights include:
- The Stanford White Studio – a signature landmark suite, with original oak panelled walls and beams, a working fireplace and private outdoor furnished terrace.
- Private outdoor terraces – a rarity in New York, The Chatwal boasts 13 guestrooms and suites complete with a private outdoor terrace. Accessed by French doors, each terrace is landscaped and fully furnished.
- Asprey bathroom amenities, bespoke Frette bed linens and towels, luscious Kashwére bathrobes and Krigler, the French perfumeur, has created ‘The Chatwal No. 44’. (Krigler perfumes were a favorite of Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, F. Scott Fitzgerald, John F. Kennedy and Marlene Dietrich.)
- Celebrated Chef Geoffrey Zakarian (The National, Tudor House, Le Cirque, 21 Club, The Water Club at Borgata) is the creative force behind the glamorous 90-seat restaurant – The Lambs Club – with built-in red leather banquettes and bright chrome fittings. An updated take on the classic bar and grill, with traditional American food.
- The Bar at The Lambs Club – by David Rabin, Will Regan and Jeffrey Jah (of New York’s hugely successful Double Seven and Lotus nightclubs/cocktail lounges) overlooks the grand Entrance Hall with 20 foot windows for a bird’s-eye view of 44th Street … perfect for people-watching and prohibition cocktails.
- The Chatwal Spa by Kashwere and Fitness Center – with three private treatment rooms, personal steam showers and changing suites in addition to a manicure and pedicure station. A lap pool and a plunge pool are also available to guests. The fitness center is complimentary to guests 24 hours a day.
Welcome to the Chatwal New York Facebook page! As a fan you'll be able to get the latest news, talk about travel, participate in contests, share your stories, and ask questions about our hotel.
Please remember, Facebook is an open forum for friends to share things. We would like to keep this page safe for everyone. We kindly ask that you do not post any material that is:
Abusive, obscene, defamatory, too graphic, libelous or slanderous
Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading
In violation of any law or regulation
Promotion of other sites
In violation of any intellectual property right of another
Obscenely explicit sexually and/or contains nudity
Solicitation and/or personal information
We'll do our best to keep the discussions clean, friendly and fun, and we hope that you'll help.