Waverton is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It lies about 5 km south east of Chester. It is almost continuous with the village of Rowton to the north west and that in turn is almost, but not quite, continuous with Christleton.According to the 2001 Census, the population was 1,560. This was made up of 756 males, and 804 females, living in 660 households.The settlement was named Wavretone in the Domesday Book, where it was said to be in the Dudestan Hundred. The name was first given as Waverton in 1260, having been called Waueretone in 1150, and Wauertone in 1100. The origin of the name is not certain.There is one parish church: St. Peter's. The roof of the nave has been dated to 1665. The tower, on the west end of the building, is built in the Perpendicular Style and possess a nineteenth-century pyramidal roof. Although the church was restored in the 1880s, the chancel's timber framing, the windows, and clerestory are all original.The Shropshire Union Canal (originally Chester Canal) runs through the middle of Waverton. The village had a railway station on the North Wales Coast Line until it closed in the 1960s. The line, which runs between Chester, Crewe, and North Wales, is named Route 22 on Network Rail's 2006 reorganisation. Services on this line are offered by Arriva Trains Wales, and, as the "London to Holyhead" spur of the West Coast Main Line route, by Virgin Trains.
179 FB users likes Waverton, Cheshire, set it to 19 position in Likes Rating for Chester, Cheshire in City category