West Seattle High School is a comprehensive public high school in Seattle's West Seattle neighborhood that serves grades nine through twelve as part of the Seattle School District.History and FacilitiesThe school opened in 1902 and it was first called "West Seattle School." In 1917, the current building was opened and the school was renamed "West Seattle High School." The mascot was an Indian Chief, and the athletic teams were known as the Indians. A change in the nickname was considered several times beginning in 1974. The mascot was changed to a Wildcat in 2004.The current neo-Renaissance building was designed by architect Edgar Blair on 3.5 acres. Various expansions of the site increased the property to its current 8.6 acres. Additions and renovation included the 1924 expansion by School District architect Floyd Naramore, a 1930 annex, a 1954 addition by architects Naramore Bains Brady Johansen, by Theo Damn in 1958, and major interior renovations in 1972. At various times portable classrooms had been installed on the site. The Seattle Landmarks Preservation Board designated the building a Landmark in 1981.There was a major remodel in 2000-2002 by Bassetti Architects. This involved featuring the historic building while doubling the size of the facility. The addition was arranged to provide a new entrance to the school surrounded by a new gymnasium, theater, and Commons spaces. The main entrance was restored, the central auditorium was converted to the Commons, and a gym was converted as the library. Awards for this renovation included: 2001 Excellence in Masonry, Honorable Mention; 2004 AIA Washington Civic Design Awards, Merit Award; and 2004 Masonry Institute of Washington Merit Award - Rehab/Restoration.
3375 FB users likes West Seattle High School, set it to 13 position in Likes Rating for Seattle, Washington in School category