at 3504 Shipwright St , 23703
Western Branch Diesel was founded in 1946 by Herb Hanamen, Sr. as a a marine service facility in Portsmouth, Virginia. It was strategically located at the mouth of the western branch of the Elizabeth River to serve local tug and marine vessels. Awarded the Detroit Diesel distributorship for Virginia in 1952, over the years WBD locations were established in Richmond, Springfield & Roanoke, VA. In 1987, Western Branch Diesel acquired Ray C. Call Detroit Diesel/Allison, Inc., which expanded our market to include Southwest Virginia, West Virginia, and portions of Ohio, Kentucky, & Maryland.