at 204 S Main St, Wichita, 67202 United States
The Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to preserving and presenting the local history of Wichita and Sedgwick County, Kansas, United States. It is located at 204 South Main (southeast of the corner of Main and William streets), and east of the central Wichita Public Library.The museum was established in 1939 as the Wichita Public Museum. Today the museum resides in the original City Hall building designed by William T. Proudfoot and George W. Bird in 1890. Exhibits are housed on four floors and are open to the public six days a week for a nominal admission fee. The museum is supported in part through city and county funding and through the support of its sizable membership base. The museum has been accredited by the American Alliance of Museums since 1972.The old Wichita City Hall has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1971.
614 FB users likes Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum, set it to 4 position in Likes Rating for Wichita, Kansas in History Museum category