at 600 E Streicher St, Toledo, 43608-2061 United States
Calvin M. Woodward High School is a public high school located in the north side of Toledo, Ohio, that was built in 1928. It was named after an early advocate for vocational education. The original Woodward Technical High School was located in the former Central High School building at the corner of Adams and Michigan streets (the current site of the Lucas County Main Library) before the present location was chosen. Woodward is part of the Toledo City School District.The Woodward Polar Bears wear blue and white for athletics and either chose their nickname because they are located in the north end of Toledo, or because former principal Charles LaRue named them after his alma mater at Ohio Northern University. Woodward is a charter member of the Toledo City League from 1926. From 1923-1932, Woodward played Libbey High School in a football game on Thanksgiving Day until Libbey and DeVilbiss High School became the annual matchup.In 2010, the building that Woodward's neighborhood had called home since 1928 was replaced by a newer facility located on the same property.The TPS board approved a resolution in November 2013 to have new stadiums built at Woodward and Scott High School after their previous facilities were torn down during construction and renovation. They were built in time for the 2014 season. Woodward's previous stadium had been dedicated in 1969 after they had gone without one since the 1930s.
201 FB users likes Woodward High School (Toledo, Ohio), set it to 39 position in Likes Rating for Toledo, Ohio in School category